Senior Infrastructure Engineer at JPMorgan Chase (Chicago, IL)
As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks that make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role, you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who share your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access to the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL, Python)
- Intermediate understanding of line of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Ability to think creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
- Function as a technical resource regarding Active Directory / Windows issues to messaging administrators, programmers, web developers, network security engineers, database analysts, network managers, and implementation teams.
- Candidate should be able to field and assist with Tier 2 and Tier 3 support requests.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills. Ability to ask targeted questions to diagnose symptoms and determine root cause of equipment failure (network, software, hardware, electrical issue, etc.).
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.