Senior iOS Developer at Punchkick Interactive
Want to build apps for the world’s biggest companies? At Punchkick Interactive, we transform our clients into leaders of the mobile space. We do everything—from strategy, to design, to development—in-house in a highly collaborative atmosphere. We’re looking for experienced web developers who want to join our team and help us build beautiful, easy-to-use, cutting-edge websites and web apps.
Come work with a team of ultra-talented and incredibly authentic designers, developers, strategists, UX architects, and tech visionaries. We build products that we’re incredibly proud of—for clients that we deeply respect—all within a team of great friends and colleagues. Punchkick Interactive has an unmistakable culture of excellence and we seek out folks who feel alive and thrive in this type of environment.
Punchkick has experienced incredible organic growth, landed on the Inc. 5000 five times in a row, and was voted the best place to work in Chicago by the Chicago Business Journal. To date, Punchkick has worked with 18 of the Fortune 500. And we’ve only just begun to hit our stride.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The iOS Developer position is responsible for creating and architecting new mobile applications, maintaining and improving existing features on existing applications, and working with our sales team to develop innovative solutions that meet our clients’ business needs. We are looking for a passionate developer who loves to tackle new challenges, learn new frameworks and technologies, and work alongside other developers.
- Minimum of 3 years development experience with iOS applications.
- Proficient in Swift & experienced with Objective C.
- Familiarity with agile development practices.
- Experience working with Git version control in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Ability to work in various team sizes that could scale anywhere from working solo to a team of ten plus developers across various disciplines
- Deep understanding of UIKit, Foundation, and other core iOS frameworks
- Contributed to at least one application on the Apple AppStore
NICE TO HAVES
- Ability to reference Apple HIG and iOS best practices
- Able to maintain and refactor existing codebases to best practices and new technologies
- Understanding of network frameworks as well as third parties such as Alamofire
- Decision making skills and understanding tradeoffs when choosing to use third party libraries
- Experience with Fastlane and Continuous Integration
- Leading architecture and development of iOS applications
- Communicate technical limitations and roadblocks to your team
- Assisting the client support team using your technical background
- Able to assess feasibility, difficulty, and provide time estimates on implementing new features to an application
- Work with backend developers to integrate and consume restful API’s