Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
What You’ll be Doing
- Advance technical standards and quality
- Collaborate with other engineers in API design and development
- Help solve bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Build solutions for refactoring the existing codebase
- Improve our testing & tooling
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
What You’ll Need
- Speaks Mandarin natively (this role need to be able to communicate with our engineering team in China)
- 4+ years experience working in Swift and strong object-oriented programming skills
- Better have personal app in app store
- Familiarity with Objective-C
- Familiarity with iOS UI design principles and accessibility best practices
- Experience developing, maintaining and innovating large scale, consumer-facing mobile applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Startup experience is a plus.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.