Senior iSeries Engineer (Remote) at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
This is a unique opportunity to be an integral part of a team to design, develop and implement new and innovative applications which will be used by KeHE business personal as well as our customers and suppliers. This opportunity will help shape the vision and strategy for KeHE's future business support and technical capabilities. As with all positions at KeHE we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision, and Values.
Even as we begin safely welcoming employees back to our corporate offices, 100% remote work will continue to be an option for this position.
- Perform data analysis and research for any data errors and exceptions, making recommendations and developing and coding solutions to remediate those errors.
- Creates and modifies programs based on the requesting business unique requirements
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for project tasks.
- Provide support in critical production support issue resolution, including root cause analysis, documentation, and corrective action plans.
- Maintain active relationships with internal business partners to define or clarify business requirements and to prioritize production issue resolution.
- Thoroughly tests software changes to assure that the changes meet the business requirements and quality standards.
- Follow required Change Control and Release Management guidelines and standards for documentation and approvals.
- Help maintain the technical development environment, improve processes, and enhance standards together with the rest of the team utilizing strong SQL400, RPGLE, and CLLE skills.
- Will be expected to provide on-call support for application availability, reliability, and stability on a 7 by 24 basis (quarterly frequency)
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Associates Degree in a technologies subject area or equivalent experience.
- Programmer Analyst experience in SQL 400, RPGLE, CLLE Procedures, Modules Service Programs Web Services XML, JSON, IBM API's and Data transfer concepts using FTP HTTP Server, on the IBMi platform.
- .NET and any web development skills is a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and SharePoint. Microsoft BI skills would be a plus.
- Strong DB2/SQL analytical and problem-solving skills for design, coding, and testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel and clients.
- Experience in Grocery, Distribution, or Transportation Systems a plus.
- Experience with Implementor or Jira is a plus.
- 5+ years' experience in IBMi development environment.