Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Java Engineer (Contractor)
This contractor is 40 hours a week, Monday - Friday position.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a Senior Java Engineer (Contractor) to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a Contract Senior Software Engineer (Java), you'll spend your days writing well-designed, reliable, and maintainable Java code. You'll also keep things running by solving problems and making sure they stay solved by writing tests.
You will be working to update a desktop Java application that is used to develop content for our ALEX product.
What you’ll do
- Produce strong code (and test their code as a part of writing it)
- Give and receive constructive code review feedback
- Collaborate with Jellyvision's non-tech teams (ex. designers, product owners, writers, producers)
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers with 5+ years of relevant experience and solid software engineering fundamentals. They should also have experience with:
- Java and Java build systems (required)
- Relational databases (experience writing raw SQL preferred)
- Mac OSX
- Source control
- Automated testing frameworks
Our ideal Senior Software Engineers are:
- Expert application builders
- Strong problem identifiers and solvers
- Excellent collaborators
- Eager to learn new technologies and skills
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Self Awareness
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Manages Complexity
- Manages Ambiguity
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!