The PEAK6 Capital Management engineering team is looking to scale up all of our engineering teams due to our rapid growth plans. At this time we are open to hiring experienced engineers at various levels of seniority ranging from Software Engineer II all the way up to Principal Engineers and anywhere in between. * Anyone looking for more of an entry level engineering position should review our other job postings listed under the "Campus" category under the "function" filter on our careers page.
As a Senior Software Engineer at PEAK6 Capital Management, depending on which internal team you land on you'll get a chance to partner with various product teams, traders, quantitative researchers, and other business stakeholders to build out new products and improving existing technologies that will make an impact to our proprietary trading organization, taking on as much ownership as you are ready for while working in a highly collaborative lean agile environment.
Our current technology stack that you'll get your hands on include, but is not limited to: Java, Go, Python, C++, React, (some teams use these languages more heavily than others) relational and non-relational databases like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, and Redis. Some teams use pub/sub messaging technologies like Kafka, Airflow, and Arrow in an AWS hybrid environment, and we are always exploring new emerging open source technologies to ensure we continue to stay ahead of the market.
Members of the PEAK6 Capital Management engineering team take ownership over our internal proprietary trading systems, trading/analytic tools and applications, real-time distributed computing platforms, and are involved end-to-end throughout the entire SDLC (design, development, implementation, post production support, & CI/CD workflow). Additionally, Senior Software Engineers regularly participate in and contribute to regular architecture cadences, drive discussions and decisions on coding standards and practices, mentor other engineers and help reinforce and improve PEAK6's collaborative, innovative engineering culture.
You'll gain loads of experience on our team but before you do, you should have:
- 5+ years of production level engineering experience (post graduation).
- Proficiency in Java.
- Go, Python and C++ are nice to have (not required).
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies is nice to have, especially Docker and Kubernetes
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- Trading or finance industry experience is preferred (not required).
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Linux platform.
- Effective communication skills.
- Passion for mentoring engineers and building software as part of a team
Does our Engineering DNA Match yours?
- We collaborate in small, agile teams to learn and develop innovative technology
- We like to develop impactful features fast so we can share directly with our end-users and iterate quickly
- We're focused on well-defined software delivery and continuous learning
- People are everything and our support for each other is abundant
- Through open source technology, we continue to evolve our tech stacks while looking for ways to contribute back to the community
- Whether you're new to our tech stack or an expert, we encourage each team member to experiment with new technologies and take ownership of projects.
- We love to have fun and dedicate time to exploring new technologies and ideas through Tech Days and Hackathons.
* Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to a hybrid office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
PEAK6 currently requires all employees as a condition of employment to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit to regular testing. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. PEAK6 will also require proof of vaccination and/or testing. PEAK6 will also consider requests for exemption from these requirements as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.