Senior Java Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate more efficiently and scale faster than ever before.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are passionate about our product and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself and learning every day.
Our team is responsible for providing capabilities that allow customers to manage, test and deploy changes across ServiceNow instances. We develop tools, algorithms and safeguards for the upgrade engine and we're always adding new features to provide the best possible experience. This position is open is Chicago, IL.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Senior Software Engineer with the Platform Development team, you will be building the framework that allows our customers to create innovative, elegant and high performing experiences across multiple devices.
You will use your experience building modern web experiences and your expertise in performance, architecture, and object-oriented design to push the boundaries of our platform.
You will also collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to develop new and improve on existing platform features.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
5+ years software development experience including:
- Solid understanding of Java
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL and Oracle
- Experience with concurrency and multi-threaded applications
It'd be even better if you have:
- Experience developing on enterprise platforms
- Experience with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap
- Experience using GIT's Source Control system
Our technology stack:
Environment & Build Environments:
Why ServiceNow is a great place to work
- A stocked kitchen/café including sodas, snacks, teas and coffee
- A very generous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
- An unlimited paid vacation policy that doesn't limit vacation or personal days
- A team that celebrates success with fun team activities including: Escape Rooms, barcades and more!
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.