Senior Linux / Storage Administrator at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Senior Stack Engineers lead the implementation of new technologies across design, install, configuration, maintenance, and testing. In-scope technologies include virtual machines, operating systems, storage, databases, related software, and hardware. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting problems as escalated through incident management, supporting application access and electronic messaging services and maintaining a secure systems environment. They drive infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth, deliver new services, and maintain the infrastructure.
Senior Stack Engineers need excellent communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with internal clients and other colleagues. Individuals work across functional areas of DFIN and use a strong customer service mindset to ensure that projects, service requests, and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support. Senior Stack Engineers work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to DFIN and our customers.
- Lead infrastructure engineering initiatives and projects, providing required functionality for DFIN IT applications and services
- Lead Security/Compliance/Privacy/Risk Reviews, and assist remediation as necessary
- Lead the identification and implementation of infrastructure cost-control strategies
- Lead the assessment of migrations, upgrades, and new technologies aligned with the IT Infrastructure Architecture roadmap
- Act as technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical insight to implementation and strategy, including validation of ongoing solution supportability.
- Define enhancements to improve system reliability, efficiency, and performance.
- Align infrastructure implementation with network requirements and design
- Manage the technical relationship with select technology vendors and service providers
- Ensure engineered systems meet business continuity and disaster recovery requirements.
- Support configuration management of IT Infrastructure services
- Ensure that releases and services meet expectations, and verify that IT Operations can support the new service.
- Lead multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects, with diverse stakeholders.
- Support multiple systems of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to DFIN technical standards, policies, and procedures
The ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience with mid to large-sized companies (500+ associates) and has demonstrated skills in:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, information systems or similar.
- Strong technical background in Linux (OEL, RedHat, CentOS). Prior experience in building RHEL cluster is desirable.
- Some exposure to HP/UX or IBM iSeries experience is a plus.
- Experience supporting Linux on virtualized and cloud platforms (VMware, Azure)
- Experience with scripting (Python, ksh, sed, awk, expect, or PERL)
- Experience with SSH security concepts and planning.
- Experience supporting Linux platforms running Oracle databases and custom applications.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Hands-on experience with supporting Pacemaker and Veritas clustering
- Expertise in supporting EMC, iSilon and PureStorage storage systems
- Experience supporting various backup solutions (NetBackup, HP DataProtector)
- Experience with deployment and automation tools (e.g. Terraforms, Chef, Puppet, Ansible) is a big plus
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected]. #TalentknowsTalent