Senior Manager Engineering FDNY- DOIT NYC at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe FDNY - DOIT Systems Integration engineering team is a focused customer team that serves one of our largest customers. The team has a challenging role that offers a unique engineering experience within the NYC market.
Manage and lead the FDNY and DOIT engineering team, along with engineering related vendors and contractors. The FDNY DOIT engineering manager will lead and manage all of the deliverables associated with the engineering team to include the following:
- Serve as the FDNY DOIT technical program lead
- Lead the design review process
- Configuration management
- Contract reviews
- Quality reviews & audits
- Attend & prepare for customer status meetings
- Lead internal engineering meetings
- Track all Internal engineering action items/issues
- Track yearly goals and progress.
- Track and update all formal an informal requests for information (RFIs) from our customer
- Ensure all MOPS and system documentation is submitted on time and with high quality
- Ensure all MOPS and system documentation is approved by the customer
- Ensure all MOPS and system documentation is preserved for auditing purposes.
- Review all FDNY and DOIT designs and acceptance test plans - or ensure subject matter experts review them.
- Ensure all testing is tracked (contractual and non-contractual)
- Collaborate with the PM team to develop schedules and resource assignments
- Collaborate with the service team to transfer knowledge of the FDNY and DOIT systems and designs
- Collaborate with sales and the presale team to transfer knowledge of the FDNY and DOIT systems and designs
- Collaborate with product teams to resolve any product quality issues
- Perform skills assessments on the engineering team to identify needed training
- Work with the engineering team to develop a sense of urgency and pride in workmanship
- Establish version and revision control for all design documentation
- Ensure milestones are met according to the project schedule
- Escalate issues as needed to senior management
- RF coverage knowledge
- IP Networking experience and expertise
- Ability to build scripts and light coding desired
- Knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge of conventional RF systems
- Specific knowledge of FDNY and DOIT systems desired
- Knowledge of various dispatch systems to include Radio systems, Logging recorders, Location, WAVE and backup systems
- Knowledge of radio system power requirements
- Knowledge of ASTRO solutions offerings
- Knowledge of Microwave and Backhaul technologies
- MPLS Knowledge
- Knowledge of SCADA systems (MOSCAD)
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar engineering degree and 6+ years engineering experience
- OR 10+ years of telecommunications engineering experience
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.