As the Manager of the Network Security Engineering team, you will lead a team of engineers tasked with delivering critical Network Security capabilities for TransUnion. This full stack engineering team is accountable for design, implementation, and operation of all technologies that deliver a variety of network security services, including IPS/IDS, packet capture and aggregation, Proxy, and WAF. Under your leadership, the team will build and deliver capabilities in a number of ways based on business needs, spanning constructs such traditional data centers, private and public Cloud environments, physical deployments, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software Defined Networking (SDN). The solutions your team builds and owns operate on a global scale, helping to enable and safeguard TU’s business direction as we continue to grow and expand our industry leading offerings.
How You'll Contribute
- Lead a team of engineers with full stack accountability for technologies utilized to deliver Network Security services.
- Drive or inform technology direction based on security and customer requirements, including buy vs. build decisions.
- Manage and execute delivery against product and project roadmaps.
- Partner closely with Security Architecture to ensure alignment between security control frameworks, deployed technologies, and desired vs achieved outcomes.
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders and partners outside of Security, including IT and Network, to understand technology direction and align security capabilities accordingly.
- Actively participate in strategic discussions with Information Security leaders.
- Contribute to and own components, where appropriate, of 2-3 year capability and technology road maps.
- Provide strong talent management, including timely and meaningful performance feedback, annual reviews, and talent assessment/succession planning exercises.
- Lead and mentor team members, including coaching junior engineers and architects.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques and act as driver of innovation into InfoSec and IT.
- Interface with regulatory and compliance bodies, internal and external, to represent Network Security technologies.
What You'll Bring
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
· Modern engineering, full stack mindset (API-driven interaction, automation of service delivery, fully performance telemetry, etc.), with strong background of delivering and supporting a combination of vendor and open source solutions.
· Ability to straddle and deliver in traditional/legacy (Data Center, physical infrastructure) and modern/next-gen (Cloud, IaaS, DevSecOps) technology constructs simultaneously
· Strong comfort level with emerging technologies and keenness to prototype new ways to getting results on a global scale.
· Technology agnostic approach, bringing to bear what is needed to achieve the desired outcome.
· A natural curiosity; you consider yourself a forward leaning technologist at heart and have a strong hands-on engineering background.
· Strong Product and Service Delivery mindset, constantly striving to understand who your customers are and focusing designing solutions to meet their needs.
- 5+ years of Information Security / Cyber experience
- 5+ years of strong hands-on engineering experience in Network space, to include Data Center and public Cloud.
- 3+ years of experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering large scale, distributed implementations
- 3+ years of designing and delivering security solutions in an environment that embraces DevOps and IaaS concepts and common technologies, with a focus on pipeline security automation (DevSecOps).
- 2+ years successfully delivering in an Agile environment, working closely with Product Owners and customers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.