Senior Manager - Network Security Engineering
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
As the Manager of the Network Security Engineering team, you will lead a team of engineers tasked with delivering critical Network Security capabilities for TransUnion. This full stack engineering team is accountable for design, implementation, and operation of all technologies that deliver a variety of network security services, including IPS/IDS, packet capture and aggregation, Proxy, and WAF. Under your leadership, the team will build and deliver capabilities in a number of ways based on business needs, spanning constructs such traditional data centers, private and public Cloud environments, physical deployments, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software Defined Networking (SDN). The solutions your team builds and owns operate on a global scale, helping to enable and safeguard TU’s business direction as we continue to grow and expand our industry leading offerings.
What You'll Bring:
- Lead a team of engineers with full stack accountability for technologies utilized to deliver Network Security services.
- Drive or inform technology direction based on security and customer requirements, including buy vs. build decisions.
- Manage and execute delivery against product and project road maps.
- Partner closely with Security Architecture to ensure alignment between security control frameworks, deployed technologies, and desired vs achieved outcomes.
- Engage proactively with key stakeholders and partners outside of Security, including IT and Network, to understand technology direction and align security capabilities accordingly.
- Actively participate in strategic discussions with Information Security leaders.
- Contribute to and own components, where appropriate, of 2-3 year capability and technology road maps.
- Provide strong talent management, including timely and meaningful performance feedback, annual reviews, and talent assessment/succession planning exercises.
- Lead and mentor team members, including coaching junior engineers and architects.
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques and act as driver of innovation into InfoSec and IT.
- Interface with regulatory and compliance bodies, internal and external, to represent Network Security technologies.
We'd love to see:
- Modern engineering, full stack mindset (API-driven interaction, automation of service delivery, fully performance telemetry, etc.), with strong background of delivering and supporting a combination of vendor and open source solutions.
- Ability to straddle and deliver in traditional/legacy (Data Center, physical infrastructure) and modern/next-gen (Cloud, IaaS, DevSecOps) technology constructs simultaneously.
- Strong comfort level with emerging technologies and keenness to prototype new ways to getting results on a global scale.
- Technology agnostic approach, bringing to bear what is needed to achieve the desired outcome.
- A natural curiosity; you consider yourself a forward leaning technologist at heart and have a strong hands-on engineering background.
- Strong Product and Service Delivery mindset, constantly striving to understand who your customers are and focusing designing solutions to meet their needs.
Impact You'll Make:
- 5+ years of Information Security / Cyber experience.
- 5+ years of strong hands-on engineering experience in Network space, to include Data Center and public Cloud.
- 3+ years of experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering large scale, distributed implementations.
- 3+ years of designing and delivering security solutions in an environment that embraces DevOps and IaaS concepts and common technologies, with a focus on pipeline security automation (DevSecOps).
- 2+ years successfully delivering in an Agile environment, working closely with Product Owners and customers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.