Senior Network Consultant at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
Our Cloud & Infrastructure Practice is growing! We’re looking to add a Senior Network Consultant to the team to focus on serving clients with strategy, solution planning, designing, and engineering as it relates to deploying converged network and security infrastructures. From a planning perspective, you would work with clients to understand key business objectives and drivers. You would follow through with designing network components to support those requirements and spearhead the development of robust network and security architecture. Designs will involve working with clients and network hardware/service vendors to engineer the solution(s) based on client guidelines and compliant requirements. Building and deploying tasks will involve engineering and configuring various technologies/network components and migrating users/data to the new environment.
The ideal resource for this position would possess knowledge and hands-on implementation experience in network infrastructure and/or security solutions engineering and deployment. They would possess strong project management and work planning skills, with the consultative ability to interact with client personnel at all levels.
- Assess current state business processes and supporting technical architecture, while gathering and defining business and technical requirements.
- Perform assessments of existing client network infrastructures and document "as-is" environments.
- Collaborate face-to-face with clients and West Monroe project teams to implement processes, procedures, and technology that support various technical & business functions.
- Organize project work into client presentations, outlining findings and recommendations for C-level executives.
- Contribute to the practice by developing and improving reusable methodologies and solutions for client engagements.
- Plan, organize, and manage projects/workstreams, developing detailed network designs across:
- On-premise data (LAN, WAN, Data Center)
- Cloud networking (AWS, Azure)
- Network security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS)
- Execute on-premise implementations for the following vendors/products:
- Cisco devices, Cisco IOS, ASA, Nexus, Meraki
- Juniper, Palo Alto, FortiGate, Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent
- Configure and engineer technology related to:
- Layer 2 switching (VLANs, STP, vPC, LACP, etc.)
- Layer 3 routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, etc.)
- QoS and Network Security (ACLs, NATs, IPsec VPNs, SSL remote access VPNs)
- Perform hybrid cloud network implementations, either using AWS VPCs or Azure VNETs via VPN and/or dedicated circuits (ExpressRoute or Direct Connect).
- Utilize network services to maximize efficiency, I.e. load balancers, RADIUS, TACACS, DNS, DHCP, and network monitoring tools.
- Introduce SDN technologies and concepts, and promote Infrastructure-as-Code where applicable through the development of automation scripts in languages like Python, PowerShell, BASH, etc.
- 3-7+ years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, administering, and supporting IT network solutions.
- 2+ years of professional services/consulting firm experience is preferred.
- Associate-level certs – CCNA, JNCIA, etc. – strongly preferred.
- Professional-level certs – CCNP, JNCIP, etc. – bonus.
- BS/BA degree with preference for major(s) in IT, MIS, Computer Science, Business, Math, or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements.
- Due to COVID-19, West Monroe consultants are currently traveling minimally (if at all), primarily performing client work virtually. As a firm, we are virtual until October 2020, with employees then given the option to work out of our offices starting in the Fall or continue working virtual through the remainder of 2020 – subject to change.
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.