At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Systems Engineering the Senior Network Engineer will maintain the resiliency and operational aspects of the Echo enterprise network. This role will perform all aspects of complex configuration, implementation and troubleshooting wired and wireless communication infrastructure, supporting data, voice and video in converged and non-converged configurations. The Senior Engineer must maintain a detailed working knowledge of network technologies and would understand how data moves between Clouds, SaaS Solutions, and Legacy environments while adapting the network to meet the needs of the Enterprise wide range of applications and systems.
Principal Accountability | Support
- Configures, and monitors networking equipment in a redundant environment with real time failover
- Secures network system by enforcing Security policies
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with Echo architects on network optimization
- Provide support on a 24x7 basis as required
Principal Accountability | Projects
- Taking direction from IT management; implement routing and switching protocols.
- Implements systems that match our design criteria including but not limited to: security, scalability, availability, compatibility
- Resolve, recommend, develop and implement forward-looking strategies for satisfying business needs and maintaining technical currency with assigned systems
- Serve as primary source of technical expertise to project teams
- Follow through with projects to their completion
- Partners with Security to ensure compliance and enforcement of Security Guidelines
- Adhere to, mature, and define the best practices for the support and deployment of our infrastructure across the enterprise stack (routing, switching, wireless, firewalls, load balancing and DNS).
- Be a subject matter expert in reducing and resolving production incidents
- Enhance proactive monitoring and drive proactive remediation efforts
- Enable tooling and process so that L1/L2/L3 operations can resolve most incidents and issues
- Configure and manage multiple systems (Load Balancing, DNS, Software Defined Datacenter Network, etc.) and infrastructure both OnPrem and in the Cloud
Principal Accountability | Team Member
- Open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Practices positive interactions - leans on encouragement in place of judgment
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Acts in the interest of the overall team
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, fluid work environment
- Capable of presenting technical ideas and concepts in business -friendly language
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical documentation skills
- Self-managed and motivated
- Ability to follow through with tasks to their completion, organized, and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires frequent attention shifts from one project to the next
- Proactive, self-starter able to work with limited supervision and prepared to take responsibility for the role's operations
- Exceptional time and project management skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCDP) or equivalent required or equivalent field experience
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) Certification Preferred
Technical skills and experience
- Experience working with the following products: A10, PAL, Cisco 55xx series ASA devices, ASA100, Catalyst 4500 and Nexus 9000 switches
- Understanding of BGP and routing protocols including OSPF
- Minimum 5 years of experience in all aspects of network administration utilizing Cisco iOS
- Experience with the Windows Server/Linux/AWS/KS8 Environments
- Prior experience building and managing MPLS and SD-WAN network
- 10+ years of experience in management of large-scale networks in a distributed environment
- Strong understanding of network technologies in a design context, including: LAN (traditional STP plus fabric), ACI, SD-WAN, BGP/OSPF, Tunneling (GRE, IPSec), wireless, cloud networking (public and private), QoS/shaping, GSLB, Netflow/IPFIX, firewalls/WAF, IDS/IPS, NFV
- Experience with network management protocols and systems
- Experience with Cisco networking technologies
- Experience with wireless technologies
- Experience with TCP/IP and common network protocols
- Experience with routing, switching, and IP subnetting
- Cloud Datacenter Connectivity (Azure, AWS) Direct Connect/Transit Gateway
- VPN (End User and GRE Failover)
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.