The Senior Network Engineer (Level 3) supports and improves the customer’s large-scale IT environment with SLRs/SLAs for high availability and uptime. The Network Engineer manages, maintains, plans, schedules, integrates, and troubleshoots the overall network and its devices—WANs, LANs, WLANs, VLANs, VPNs, VoIP, etc.—and monitors network health. The Senior Network Engineer will handle network installations (including procurement), upgrades, cutovers, and testing. The Senior Network Engineer will implement network security best practices.
This enterprise environment is comprised of a variety of Cisco routers and switches include Nexus Series switches, 6500s, 4500s, and a variety of Cisco routers and edge switches. The WAN may include a mixture of technologies including Cellular, MPLS, T1s, Private Fiber, and P2P VPNs from remote offices via independent Internet connections. The environment also includes Palo Alto, and ASA firewalls, F5 load balancing, and Infoblox IPAM, DHCP, and DNS services. This position reports to the Network Manager and may receive guidance from the Sr. Network Architect and/or Sr. Security Engineer. This position also offers second level support in a team of 5-6 network engineers.
- Configure and install network routers, switches, wireless access points, and appliances, including IMAC requests, following ITIL best practices using ServiceNow
- Maintain configurations and perform troubleshooting on Palo Alto and ASA firewalls, F5 Big-IP, and Infoblox, as needed
- Configure/modify firewalls and ACLs, set up multiple types of VPN tunnels (IPSec/GRE, SSL, Site-to-Site, Remote Access VPNs, DMVPNs)
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve or escalate incidents and problems with internal and external groups (Data Center Services, application/desktop support teams, the NOC, vendors, ISPs, etc.)
- Perform day-to-day operational tasks to maintain the network
- Work with operations and application owners for redundancy, resiliency, and fail-over
- Optimize bandwidth utilization and plan network capacity based on the customer’s evolving needs (e.g., new circuits, applications, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Senior Network Architect on design improvements, capacity planning, and changes in business requirements
- Respond to network-related security alerts from the SOC
- Four-year degree and/or equivalent experience
- CCNP certification or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with installing/configuring switches and routers locally and remotely
- 5 years of experience in multi-site networks supporting 5000+ users
- Troubleshoot enterprise-wide network problems in dynamic infrastructures
- Thorough understanding of network-related security (ACLs, firewall rules, NAT/PAT, IAM, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of VPN technologies including configuring IPsec VPNs via Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, VPN Controllers, Routers
- Experience in the design, execution, and maintenance of network security
- Network management and monitoring skills with Panorama, Cisco DNA, Prime, ISE, or Solarwinds a plus
- Hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP and IP subnetting
- Hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting network routing protocols in an enterprise environment
- Hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting spanning-tree protocols
- Hands-on experience with configuring VTP, VLANs, Trunking, Tunneling, vPCs, etc.
- Hands-on experience with performing IOS upgrades and password recovery
- Knowledge of DWDM a plus
- Troubleshooting: packet analysis
- Hands-on experience maintaining Big IP, Infoblox, and Palo Alto firewalls. PCNSE certification a plus
- Document implementation, test, contingency, and backout plans, network diagrams, etc.
- Regularly perform technical peer reviews for change approvals
- Regularly update ServiceNow incident tickets, service requests, and change management requests (CRQs)
- Other network-related activities as assigned by management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.