The health and safety of Enova’s employees is our number one priority. Enova has not yet determined a return to office date, but will require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before such date. Proof of vaccination will be required. Enova will consider exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis for those who need accommodation due to medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices.
About the role:
As a Senior Observability Engineer, you will be responsible for defining, configuring, maintaining, and maximizing the platform that makes Enova’s critical applications and infrastructure visible and investigable. Enova leverages a number of cutting edge observability and monitoring tools and is looking to bring on an engineer that will take this platform to the next level. You will be applying DevOps principles to manage the platform and help to drive functionality and adoption through continuous improvement, simplification, and automation. As we integrate further with our newest brand, OnDeck, you will work on the alignment, optimization, and strategy of their observability tools and platform. You'll work within a team of fellow observability and SRE engineers to make Enova’s reliability best of breed.
What you'll be doing:
- Implement, maintain, and consult on the observability and monitoring framework that supports the needs of multiple internal stakeholders.
- Manage StatsD/Graphite/Grafana to support custom metric delivery dashboards.
- Implement Splunk, Elasticsearch, and AWS CloudWatch log management tools.
- Manage the Event and Operations Escalation Management policies in PagerDuty.
- Grow and evangelize the capabilities of the DataDog platform.
- Build a practice of performance and tracing using DataDog APM.
- Continue evolving monitoring tooling toward a standards-based self-service automated platform.
We're excited about you if you have:
- Deep technical knowledge and operational experience with one or more of the tools listed below or their equivalents (listed in parentheses):
- Splunk (ElasticSearch, SumoLogic)
- DataDog APM (AppDynamics, New Relic, LightStep)
- DataDog Core (SolarWinds, Nagios, CollectD, Elastic Metric Beat)
- StatsD, Graphite, Grafana (Prometheus)
- PagerDuty (VictorOps)
- Experience using Linux.
- Ability to read and write simple integration scripts (Python, Ruby, or Go), programs and config files, as well as complex queries and alert definitions.
- Experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards.
- Familiarity with configuration languages such as Chef and Terraform.
- Comfort working across departments and stakeholders to evangelize and communicate observability expertise and standards.
- An understanding of AWS such as Lambda and Cloudwatch is a plus, but not required.
About the Observability Team:
The Observability team is a team of engineers establishing monitoring and observability standards and solutions at Enova while being the custodians of the observability platform. This team is part of the TechOps organization, which sits in the Chicago office. The Observability team has great exposure to many departments and technologies at Enova allowing for involvement in varied and diverse technology initiatives.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.