Senior Principal Enterprise Architect at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Enterprise Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading EA activities that guide the direction and development for technological responses to disruptive forces, and driving targeted business outcomes. Technologies may include application architectures, data center, infrastructure, cloud, mobile, and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. Our ideal candidate will combine their deep technical domain knowledge with broad organizational concerns to drive impactful enterprise wide solutions.
- Develops technology strategies and future state architectures that enable value streams and product teams to deliver industry differentiating solutions. This includes defining key requirements, principles, and architecture models that guide technology decisions for enterprise
- Understands practical application of existing and emerging technologies, lays out an execution roadmap, operating models, and financial and organizational impacts.
- Drives consensus on strategy and approaches through all levels in the organization.
- Works with EA and domain peers to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and external trends) to derive technology architecture’s future state. This includes defining key requirements, principles, and architecture models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Oversees technology implementation approach to derive earliest and highest value for the organization through implementation of new capabilities.
- Coaches, mentors, and collaborates with technical SMEs and peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new capabilities.
- Understand, advocate, and augment the business and IT strategies
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Lead/Architect role within 2 different technology domain areas
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Experience in the financial industry
- Experience with modern architectures, digital and cloud solutions
- Experience leading large architecture program initiatives
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.