Senior Production Support Engineer at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions help recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
As the Senior Production Support Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the ongoing performance and stability of our platform. In doing so, you will contribute to Yello’s ongoing success as an industry leader in recruitment software and you will enable our clients to continue using our best-in-class software to recruit top talent every day.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Review, diagnose and triage issues from our customer success team
- Troubleshoot each incoming issue, performing a technical analysis, offering temporary solutions or workarounds when appropriate
- Work with stakeholders, product owners and cross-functional development teams to prompt and proper resolutions to issues
- Provide system and software support for our enterprise application as well as its accompanying infrastructure and tooling
- Leverage monitoring tools to ensure the stability of our platform and proactively identify problems before our customers are affected
- Collaborate across development, QA, and client-facing team to document and disseminate application knowledge
- Participation in on-call pager rotation
What We're Looking For
- Ability to troubleshoot an application from a comprehensive perspective including application code, data, and infrastructure related issues
- Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders and articulate incidents clearly
- Must be able to multitask and work in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly on the job
- Experience working on performance, tuning, scaling and security issues
- Advanced experience with hands on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities
- A desire to share knowledge and help others on your team grow
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Assertive, self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to participate in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) practices, driving improvements to process when necessary
- Passionate about good developer documentation and willing to make contributions when appropriate
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related degree, or relevant work experience
- Minimum: 5+ years of experience supporting and/or developing for Web applications and the systems they run on
- Proficiency in Ruby, Java, or other OO language
- Proficiency working with SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.