Senior QA Manager at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
Based in our Chicago HQ and reporting to the VP Product, the Sr. QA Manager is a hands-on technical leader who defines QA strategy and manages a team of QA Engineers tasked with providing the highest quality results possible. The Sr. QA Manager is responsible for identifying opportunities to increase quality and reliability while mitigating risk throughout the platform. The role provides expertise throughout the entire project lifecycle with a strong sense of ownership over results. They will increasingly broaden the scope and maximize effectiveness of the quality assurance function through modernization, standardization, creating awareness and collaborating cross-functionally.
Essential Position Functions
- Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing, standardization and broadening scope.
- Creates and executes test plans, clearly documents defects and verifies fixes for
- Practice strong leadership skills with experience implementing and shaping the agency’s QA processes and strategies while being an emphatic advocate for quality throughout
- Provide expertise in test automation, methodologies, processes, tools and techniques as they apply to all functions to maximize quality, reliability and effectiveness
- Work collaboratively and support multiple cross functional delivery teams in an Agile environment
- Be a forward thinking thought leader and influence the rest of the organization on latest tech, experience and design trends
- 8+ years experience as a Quality Assurance professional for various technology deliverables
- 3+ years experience as a Quality Assurance Manager overseeing complex activities or processes
- Experience with building and executing complex, manual test plans
- Exposure to the full software development lifecycle experience in an Agile-SCRUM environment
- Experience analyzing and testing stored procedures
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automated, ideally in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle from inception to deployment
- Experience with automation frameworks, continuous integration platforms, test management tools, and/or other QA services
- Self-managed and motivated; organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.