Senior Quality Assurance Analyst at BigTime Software, Inc.
BigTime is the engine behind the greatest consulting firms on the planet, delivering back-office time/budgeting and invoicing to over 2,000 firms worldwide and tracking over $2 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry. BigTime is a PE-backed company based in Chicago committed to helping clients run professional teams more efficiently, unlocking potential revenue and improving profitability.
If you love what you do, and want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that will challenge you to do your best, then check us out!
We are looking for a Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Chicago based Product team. Our QA team works side-by-side with our dev teams in a true agile environment, developing and executing test plans, ensuring high quality web and mobile experiences, validating business objectives and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate has a passion for quality, a strong understanding of best practices, and is able to work well with cross functional teams. As the Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst you will be responsible for driving customer confidence by assuring the quality of BigTime’s current and future products.
- Guide team in creation of thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results
- Collaborate directly with business analysts, product managers, and software engineers to understand system requirements, use cases, and performance considerations
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices, procedures, and test plans
- Work with the support organization to ensure that root cause of any production issue is identified and mitigated against future occurrences
- Perform regression testing to assure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
- Write, debug, and maintain test scripts
- Work with engineering leads in root cause analysis on complex defects to ensure causes are being addressed and fixed, not just symptoms
- Work with QA team members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software and suggest improvements
- 3-5+ years experience in QA Role
- Experience in Agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of the Quality Assurance discipline
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
Working at BigTime has its benefits!
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous time off and paid company holidays
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
- Weekly Lunch Credit via DoorDash and company paid DashPass (free unlimited delivery)
- While the role is based in Chicago, we offer Flexible Work Environment with opportunity to work remotely
- Fresh fruit, snacks, cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
- Great, convenient downtown / loop location (While we are still working remotely due to COVID, we feel this is worth highlighting)
- Flexible work environment with remote work opportunity
Please, no agency or third party solicitation.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.