Beyond Finance is committed to reducing the stress of customers facing the burden of debt. Our leadership team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management marketplace. We are currently in the process of reimagining our technology platform and operational processes to emerge as a technology company providing debt management solutions to our customers. If we get it right, we’ll help free folks from debt and that’s a great reason to come to work everyday.
About The Role
You’ll work closely with our leadership team to help guide our technology and product decisions for our mobile app. We’re a small group that values clear communication, transparency, and collaboration. We drive progress by small iterations and reflecting on how we can best work together.
There are 3 software engineering teams at Beyond Finance today with 15 software engineers total. You’d be the first dedicated member of our mobile team.
What You’ll Do
- Drive product, process, and toolset decisions for greenfield projects that will drive the business for the next 3-5 years
- Design and build our iOS and Android apps using React Native consuming APIs built with Ruby on Rails
- Facilitate technical conversations with other engineers and help steer decisions in the right direction
- Offer constructive and respectful feedback via code reviews
- Assist other engineers in resolving or removing blockers they might encounter
- Research and promote design patterns and practices that fit our technical challenges
- Write automated unit and integration tests as well as build tools to assist in testing various aspects of our app
- Build in business and technical metrics alongside the features themselves to further us as a data-driven organization
- Work with our DevOps and QA teams to ensure quality in our builds and releases.
- Work with our DevOps team to ensure our CI/CD pipeline fits our growing needs.
- Receive a personalized development program and sponsorship from your manager
What We Look For
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining production-quality mobile apps (preferably with React Native).
- Expertise in building and consuming APIs
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues in unfamiliar code
- Experience scoping large projects into small iterations for release
- Clear and efficient communication skills
- Mentorship skills and the ability to give well-crafted constructive feedback
- Flexible PTO
- 401k with company match
- Health, dental, and vision benefits