Senior Salesforce Developer
The central IT team at Sprout Social is responsible for employee tooling, network, security, and technical support for our entire organization. We are entirely SaaS based, prefer lean, modern ways of working and are forging a non-traditional path forward. Our software is used by more than 24,000 brands around the world. Companies like Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
If you’re a self starter who enjoys integrating large complex platforms and working on a small, fast-paced team, we’d love to talk to you.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Be introduced to our Salesforce and Marketing environments.
- Get to know and begin to build working relationships with stakeholders throughout our Sales and Marketing teams.
- Begin to decompose larger projects into smaller, more manageable deliverables.
- Receive regular feedback on your approach to our current architecture and tasks at hand.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with your manager and teammates to create and prioritize quarterly team goals.
- Take ownership of our Salesforce and Marketing platforms and development lifecycle.
- Begin drafting documentation around processes and standardization within our tools.
- Begin delivering on changes and feature requests from our internal business partners.
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Identifying security gaps within our systems, present plans to mitigate and work with the team get them prioritized.
- Generate and or improve internal processes and standardization within our tools.
- Drive internal product training and industry best practices.
- Regularly report on overall health of our tooling overall project status and recommendations to for improving.
- Work and effectively communicate with other groups across the organization to ensure big-picture alignment and encourage cross-team collaboration.
- Form a career growth plan with your manager and work towards it.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be the go-to expert on our Salesforce environment and marketing systems within the company.
- Mentor teammates and begin to level up the team around you.
- Own cross-organizational projects, demonstrating project management skills, consensus building, and strong leadership.
- Have opportunities to advocate for Sprout in the larger tech community by participating/speaking at conferences, user groups, etc.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!