Senior Salesforce DevOps Developer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
- Oversees and develops continuous delivery and continuous integration frameworks and tools.
- Sets up framework, processes, and operations for the CI/CD pipeline, with a goal of on-demand release.
- Leads automation efforts to minimize manual work and ensure transparency in all aspects of the Salesforce ecosystem, with a focus on automation, reliability, and observability.
- Organizes and participates in planning sessions such as bi-weekly sprint planning.
- Develops and maintains the continuous delivery pipeline tooling that helps the teams deploy frequent production releases every Sprint.
- Keeps the pipeline fast and easy to maintain for the developers.
- Adopts and helps evolve software development and deployment best practices.
- Participates in diagnosing and resolving production incidents to ensure reliability and uptime.
- Researches and adopts new technologies, as appropriate.
- Assists with implementation of monitoring tools and leads operation outage events.
- Documents and communicates issues, solutions, and timelines to appropriate stakeholders.
- Works with the team on writing, testing, reviewing, deploying, monitoring and documenting code.
- Provides timely/responsive technical support and leadership both within and across departments and applications including rotational 24/7 on call support.
- Degree or diploma in a related IT area or discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in enterprise applications
- 5+ years of Infrastructure Engineering, DevOps, or Technical Operations experience preferably in globally distributed environments
- Advanced Experience with Architecting CI/CD pipelines, CI/CD build tools and branching models for Salesforce system
- Experience working with Salesforce Version Control System vendors and Salesforce DevOps Software packages, such as GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, AutoRabit, Gearset, Jenkins and etc.
- Hands-on experience with working with the development team to use the selected DevOps tools and mature the DevOps process
- Advanced experience with deploying, managing, operating and monitoring of Salesforce system, both on premise and in the cloud
- Advanced experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices with the ability to define operational processes, implement DevOps, deployment checklists, etc.
- Advanced experience with integrating SaaS providers and working in a multivendor integrated environment
- Advanced experience with Web Services, API, REST. Advanced knowledge of cloud-based platforms AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Advanced ability in use of Atlassian suite of products such as Confluence and Jira
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with source code management tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Monitoring and alerting: Know the importance of keeping track of how things are doing, and when to bring it to attention when it is not.
- A passion for continual growth, always look for new ways to improve the platform and excited to explore new technology
- Some travel may be required
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks
- Experience with scripting CI/CD pipeline and using Salesforce DevOps tools, such as Bitbucket and AutoRabit
- Salesforce.com certified Administrator
University degree and 4+ years of infrastructure engineering, devops, or technical operations experience
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d’équité en matière d’emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.