Senior Scientist: Experimental Immunology
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking to build a laboratory team focused on developing state of the art techniques for ultra-deep profiling of the tumor immune microenvironment and experimental validation of novel immuno-oncology features and biomarkers. This team will collaborate across science teams as well as product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced platform and data set in immuno oncology.
What you will do:
- Develop a robust pipeline for single cell profiling of tumor immune microenvironments
- Work with cutting-edge immunology and biological modeling teams to facilitate the development of deep learning algorithms and functional characterization
- Leverage gene editing technology to explore novel therapeutic avenues in immuno-oncology
- Oversee phenotypic assay development, establish data quality metrics, and co-develop computational tools to analyze these data in the context of a rich set of orthogonal data types.
- Work with interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate research from immune profiling and wet-lab experiments into actionable insights.
- PhD with 6+ years of experience in immunology
- Demonstrated experience working with high dimensional data sets such as CyTOF, multicolor flow cytometry or single cell RNA-seq
- Fundamental understanding of cancer pathophysiology
- Demonstrated experience with single cell RNA-seq capture and knowledge of library preparations for next-generation sequencing
- Supervisory experience either in an industry or academic setting
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Demonstrated experience preparing and sorting single cells from human tissue for profiling and sequencing
- Previous experience with molecular cloning, cell culture, and gene editing (CRISPR-Cas9)
- Rigorous attention to detail and ability to coordinate complex experimental procedures and workflows with a multidisciplinary team