At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and drives our work. We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineers or Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET) who specialize in full stack QA (Front end, Web service, & Non-Functional testing) to join our team, grow with us, introduce us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. Every day, you will work with team members across disciplines developing products for investors. You'll interact daily with our product managers to understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us forward. You will participate in agile ceremonies such as standups, retrospectives, and planning meetings. We want to work with other engineers who bring knowledge and excitement about our opportunities. We prefer for this position to be in our Chicago office but will consider candidates working remotely in the US where Morningstar is registered to conduct business
You'll Be Great At:
- Building test automation frameworks, as well as playing a part in maintaining our existing suite of automated tests to be used by the entire Agile squad
- Developing and maintaining functional test cases, system & integration test cases and test artifacts like test data, test cases and automated scripts used in SDLC
- Reviewing functional requirements and determining the data requirements for executing the use cases end to end from creating functional manual cases to automating the cases for regression.
- Executing manual or automated test cases that validate the functionalities, code quality and reports test results, following all formal test architectures and project processes
- Having ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing them end to end
- Researching emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhancing existing systems and processes
- Acting as a test lead in various work streams working closely with Product Managers and Developers, while collaborating across teams
- Mentoring other Engineers on test methodologies, test automation, coding standards and best practices through code reviews and designing test plans
- Working effectively with a distributed team across multiple geographic locations and time zones
- Being a creative and strategic thinker who is eager to dive into challenging and interesting projects demonstrating your passion for achieving high quality results
- Proactively engaging in career development with continuous learning
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of working experience in a related field
- Experience in Web testing technologies such as Selenium / WebDriver, Junit/TestNG
- Expertise in testing Web services and APIs.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software quality assurance practice
- Experience in continuous integration, and code review practice is strongly desired
- Good engagement, collaboration skills and a strong team player.
- Passion for automating tests and delivering high quality features in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-active, flexible, and creative
- Ability to work flexible hours to support release process
Nice To Have:
- Financial Services background
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with load and performance testing tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
- Experience with AWS Cloud Technologies
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
We currently have multiple Senior QA Automation Engineer positions that are within the following Product Teams:
Morningstar® Advisor Workstation℠
Investment research, financial planning, client reporting, and proposal generation for financial advisors. For more information: Morningstar Advisor Workstation
Financial Planning Solutions
Web-based financial planning tools for advisors
For more information: Financial Planning Solutions
Morningstar® Managed Portfolios℠
Professionally managed portfolios driven by our unique valuation approach with a range of risk exposures, time horizons, and investment objectives designed to meet your needs. For more information: Managed Portfolios
This is the heart of Morningstar where all data is sourced, collected, transformed, calculated, and distributed across the world. For more information: Managed Data
Morningstar Investment Management
Morningstar Investment Management works to balance investing for the long term with taking on the appropriate amount of risk today to help you reach your goals.
Workplace Solutions builds, manages, and maintains Morningstar's Fiduciary Solutions, Managed Accounts, and Advice Engine tools. The team is comprised of experienced engineers, project and product managers, DevOps, QA, and leads working together to create top-tier retirement planning software.
An all-in-one portfolio accounting and practice management software for independent financial advisors. For more information: Morningstar Office
Morningstar Enterprise Data Platform
This is the data storage, analytical and service layers that power Morningstar's products and services.
For additional information on Morningstar and our perks and benefits please visit our careers page: https://www.morningstar.com/careers