Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Fetch Rewards
Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Senior Site Reliability Engineer.
The Lead Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team combines software and systems engineering to build and run distributed, fault-tolerant systems at scale. SRE’s ensure that Fetch’s services - both our externally visible and internally critical systems - have reliability and uptime appropriate to our users’ needs. In addition, we keep an ever watchful eye on system capacity and performance. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers, and much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
Fetch’s culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness is key to our success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
- Experience leading other engineers in software development or operational support.
- Experience performing incident response for a production environment.
- Experience in the design, development, and maintenance of production software.
- Experience conducting technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems, storage, and/or cloud provider APIs.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Go, C/C++, etc.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals, networking, or cloud platforms (i.e., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation providing 24x7x365 operational support.
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Experience designing and developing software oriented towards systems or infrastructure automation.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers on projects and be directly responsible for uptime.
- Facilitate and participate in an on-call rotation and blameless postmortems.
- Partner with fast-moving product development teams to create and maintain support procedures.
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, mentor the team, and establish credibility through quality technical execution.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Fetch’s services.