Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at Beyond Finance
About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is an exciting next generation FinTech company with offices in Houston, San Diego, and Chicago. We provide financial products that are easy to use and accessible that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States, we have made it our objective to create a transparent and fair debt management service that is customized to the consumer’s individual situation.
Our leadership team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management marketplace. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to best serve our customers. Our workforce is a community made up of celebrated, diverse backgrounds working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt settlement industry.
Hiring During the Pandemic
Beyond Finance is committed to employee health and safety. We’ve built and implemented a plan to conduct remote interviewing and onboarding. Although we’d like to get back to the office one day, we’re committed to doing so in a safe, responsible manner to ensure minimum risk for our employees and their families.
About the Role
Our technology team works to build, launch, and evolve our internal applications and consumer-facing web applications. We implement modern agile best practices and fully automated CI/CD pipelines. The SDET role focuses on verifying the quality and reliability of the software. The SSDET focuses on advancing the whole SDET team, tools, and processes. You must be results-driven and able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management to find and close requirements gaps and create test plans
- Work closely with Software Engineers to deliver new functionality
- Investigate and resolve complex bugs in unfamiliar code
- Mentor other SDETs and actively follow up with and unblock team members
- Lead system and testing improvement efforts
- Regularly update repos and application frameworks for supporting tools
- Identify and propose solutions to process inefficiencies
- Proactively investigate testing and tooling issues
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience testing software applications
- Must have strong understanding of RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Ability to setup and maintain a local Ruby on Rails environment
- Experience in designing and delivering page objects and other gems to aid in testing
- Ability to understand and help maintain code pipelines
- Experience in implementing testing tools and frameworks
- Ability to prioritize and deliver stories independently, communicate bugs and risks
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to validate data changes or troubleshoot issues
- Bonus points for experience using BrowserStack and/or Wraith
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. We offer:
- Using the latest cutting edge technologies and the ability to contribute in a variety of different ways
- Make your mark on how the business works by understanding systems, data and providing insights
- Be a part of a growing company!
- Flexible personal time-off
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class Financial Technology company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*