Enova’s hybrid work model allows employees to work in the office T, W, and TH with the option to work from home on Monday and Friday. The health and safety of Enova’s employees is our number one priority and all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be requested regardless of work location, unless prohibited by applicable state law. Employees may request an exemption to the vaccination policy due to medical reasons, sincerely-held religious beliefs, or as otherwise permitted by applicable state law.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, the team will look to you for testing not only at the feature level, but on the product level. You will play a key role in enabling our teams to deliver value to our customers quickly, reliably and sustainably. At Enova, we firmly believe that quality is the responsibility of the entire team. You'll be embedded in a fully cross functional team working closely with your teammates to determine what needs to be built, identify risks early, and apply the appropriate test approach for the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate closely with the Product and Engineering teams to develop technical and domain expertise, and apply it to solve testing challenges across the teams.
- Participate in design, code and test case reviews and provide feedback to improve testability of our systems, as well as quality of our code and tests.
- Research, implement and improve testing tools and processes for our products and teams.
- Mentor and train junior software engineers.
- Analyzing defects and gaps in quality to determine how to improve our development process.
- Guide your team to define and refine test strategies and test plans for new and existing features.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience with any programming language - we welcome engineers from various technical backgrounds.
- Experience testing APIs, both manually and programmatically.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated tests and frameworks using open source tools and technologies.
- Experience managing test infrastructure and strategy.
- Project management skills and the ability to estimate scope, break down problems into deliverable chunks, and pivot when requirements change.
- Comfort leading testing complex and high risk projects.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical team members about progress, challenges, or new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with developer centric testing and monitoring tools such as Optimizely, DataDog, Splunk, Grafana, etc.
- Experience working with integration and contract testing tools and frameworks such as PACT and/or Prism.
- Testing experience in scalability, performance, or security.
- Regular contributions to popular open-source projects (send us GitHub links!).
About our Software Engineering Team:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across our teams:
Product - We build high quality applications and services at every level, from customer facing to backend accounting and payment solutions. We strive to make the customer experience, throughout the entire lifecycle of their loan, to be as seamless and as simple as possible.
Data and Decisioning - We work on building pipelines and tools to help get data quicker to the decision makers and model builders, focusing especially on that “last mile” of data — understanding the business need for data across multiple groups and then using our software / AWS skills to develop data solutions to meet that need.
Platform- We enable faster, continuous, and safer development by building and maintaining tooling and solutions that address engineering challenges across our application platforms.
We primarily code in Ruby, Go and Java. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Our business is growing and we need smart, curious, passionate folks from all backgrounds to help us build the technology that makes us successful. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with us?
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.