Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Authentication) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our Authentication Engineering team’s mission is to protect both consumers and our business by providing a secure authentication process across all of our applications.
Are you excited about preventing consumer Identity Theft and Account Takeover? Do you want to help us build innovative methods of seamlessly authenticating users?
Affirm’s Authentication Engineering team is growing and looking for a senior software developer to help keep our users safe.What You'll Do
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new account takeover mitigation features
- Build effective tools for our Risk Operations team to help uncover malicious activity in real time
- Support Data Science by providing them with the signals needed to build effective models
- Integrate third party solutions and data into our account creation process to help identify malicious actors
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Python, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services and authentication systems
Location: We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.