Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Care) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Care Engineering team is responsible for building customer self-service features as well as agent-facing platforms that integrate with nearly every system across Affirm. We are committed to using exciting new technologies and building powerful platforms. The goal of the team is to provide the best possible experience to customers while simultaneously reducing compliance risks and servicing costs. We invest in user experiences that educate and explain our product transparently and effectively, enabling our users to either self-serve or get direct help from our customer service agents.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior software engineer to join our team as we continue to build a better customer experience predicated on honesty and trust. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and your work will directly impact the growth trajectory of the customer network.What You’ll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participates in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.