Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Care team enables our customer ops team and agents to provide an experience that delights customers seeking help while reducing compliance risks and servicing costs. We build internal tools and provide seamless integration with other platforms across Affirm to provide customer 360 degree view to our agents which enables them to provide the best experience to our customers.
We are committed to use the best technology and build powerful platforms to enable our users to contact us and get help via the right channel while enabling them to help themselves. We want to invest in user experiences that educate and explain our product transparently and clearly, preventing our users from ever needing to reach out in the first place.
We are looking for a highly motivated senior software engineer to join us and help fulfill our vision. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of the customer network.
What you'll do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participates in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What we look for
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team.