Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Credit Underwriting API) at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Consumer Credit Decisioning team, responsible for building backend systems that drive consumer credit and pricing decisions in all of Affirm's products. The team partners closely with Product, Credit, and other engineering teams to deliver honest and transparent financial products that help consumers make their purchasing decisions. As we scale the company to be a cornerstone of all e-commerce and offline retail, it is an exciting time to join the team which sits at the core of this mission.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers to design, maintain, and evolve existing architecture that grows the business and unlocks new product initiatives.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, technical specification, cross-functional alignment, task breakdown, and delivery.
- Proactively raise any issues or improvement opportunities in our product, technology, or business processes and contribute ideas to deliver them.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the delivery of reliable, scalable, and performant technical solutions
- Build teams by mentoring other engineers, informing and influencing hiring decisions, and building an inclusive team environment
- Provide input into planning our product, codebase, infrastructure, team goals, and roadmap.
What We Look For
- 4-6+ years of experience designing, building, launching, and maintaining complex systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with the Kubernetes ecosystem
- A leader, team builder, and mentor
- Enjoy mentoring and helping the team grow
Location- Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.