Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Disbursements) at Affirm
The Disbursements engineering team is at the core of the Affirm business, responsible for the on-time and reliable delivery of every dollar to our merchant partners for their sales on our platform. We do this through robust, fault tolerant, and highly scalable systems that stand up to the data and reliability needs of the business. We are a backend team that focuses on building services, pipelines, and APIs within the Capital Engineering organization of the company.
What you'll do
- Drive detailed project definition, design, multi-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that scales with growing number of users, features, business requirements, and partners
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Mentor your teammates, review their code, and help them learn the skills and methodologies needed to become outstanding engineers
What we look for
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer with project leadership responsibilities.
- Hardworking: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and proficiency of object oriented languages. We primarily use Kotlin, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and owners
- Low Ego: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Experienced: Background building large scale back end financial systems or experience in related industries is a plus.
Location - Remote US
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.