Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Disbursements engineering team is at the core of the Affirm business, responsible for the on-time and reliable delivery of every dollar to our merchant partners for their sales on our platform. We do this through robust, fault tolerant, and highly scalable systems that stand up to the data and reliability needs of the business. We are a backend team that focuses on building services, pipelines, and APIs within the Capital Engineering organization of the company.What you'll do
- Drive detailed project definition, design, multi-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that scales with growing number of users, features, business requirements, and partners
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Mentor your teammates, review their code, and help them learn the skills and methodologies needed to become outstanding engineers
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer with project leadership responsibilities.
- Hardworking: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and proficiency of object oriented languages. We primarily use Kotlin, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and owners
- Low Ego: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Experienced: Background building large scale back end financial systems or experience in related industries is a plus.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.