Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Experimentation) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Affirm Experimentation Platform (AXP) team empowers Affirm to make smarter, faster product decisions through experimentation. We build a multivariate testing, feature flagging, and segmentation platform and ecosystem that enables our company to effectively understand the impacts that our product changes have on the business.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help our efforts growing our experimentation platform and evangelizing our vision of having every product change released as an experiment. You'll partner with our tech lead as well as product, engineering, analytics and design to build out the core capabilities of our platform. Our system is high scale, highly visible, and central to the success of Affirm and our product & engineering teams.
What you'll do
- Design & implement high scale, high visibility software systems -- our system is used by most every team at Affirm and powers most of our product iteration.
- Participate in customer development to uncover problems and projects to tackle.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other engineers both inside and outside the immediate team.
What we look for
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer with project leadership responsibilities.
- Growth mindset
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP & RPC interfaces and intuitive user interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience (ours, our stakeholders', and our company's) as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- Familiarity or experience with experimentation, feature flagging, or data systems is a strong plus
Technology you will use
- Python / Flask
- React / Redux
- HTTP / OpenAPI
- Git / Phabricator
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.