Senior Software Engineer (Capital Engineering) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
The Funding Operations Engineering team is responsible for building our critical capital partner integrations, as well as services to automate funding processes safely and reliably. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to help establish Capital Engineering’s first international team, and build integrations, services, and testing infrastructure to power the funding of every Affirm loan.
Affirm is growing fast and we want you to enable us to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!What you’ll do
- Partner with Product and Capitals Markets teams to understand and implement complex financial structures and integrations.
- Design and develop core services which will enable safe and auditable scaling of critical business processes.
- Build robust testing environments to continually evaluate performance and regression.
- Learn about structured finance including warehouse lending, forward flow, and ABS (Asset Backed Securitization).
- Automate away complexity and risk.
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Proven experience designing and building complex products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks is a plus.
- Familiarity with Python, Spark, React, AWS (EC2, ECS, S3), and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Prior experience with financial systems and capital markets is a plus.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 19,767 - 23,717 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.