ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user database. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
As part of enhancing ActiveCampaign's Customer Experience, the team has focused on several innovative use cases by utilizing predictive data models, streaming technologies, serverless functions, event-driven microservices, etc. Our highly motivated team actively participates in Hackathon. As part of our continuous improvement culture, the team is highly encouraged to develop new ways of implementing solutions to improve our platform's stability and reliability.
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and collaborate with the teams to design and build new features and capabilities
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS, use technologies like Kubernetes, Streaming and Serverless
- Develop software system designs which support product requirements, including performance, scalability, security, and manageability
- Identify opportunities to improve ActiveCampaign’s platform reliability and performance and come up with technical proposals and implementation plans
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams like product, security, DevOps, DataOps and SRE etc.
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Contribute to code and design reviews
What is needed:
- 6+ years experience with object-oriented languages Java, Python, and/or PHP etc. PHP experience is a plus
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementations with OpenAPI (Swagger) authoring
- Solid experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good knowledge in distributed system designs and microservices-based architectures
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation
- Strong understanding of AWS or other cloud technologiesWorked with CI/CD tools with an emphasis on building quality code and speed to market.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.