Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s engineering team is building a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant global infrastructure shared across multiple financial products, merchants and vendors. Ensuring that our infrastructure is transparently available to engineers is a big job. We pride ourselves on our culture across engineering of writing blameless postmortems as well as writing detailed tech specs and gathering feedback before large changes to systems.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who’s passionate about automation & security and has experience with scale to join our Platform Engineering team. Our mandate is to enable Affirm's Infrastructure to be highly resilient and fault tolerant, while maintaining our high SLA uptime expectations. Our work ranges from spinning up new microservices, scaling for the holiday season, working closely with the security team on managing infra level security, maintaining our observability infrastructure to helping with our deploy and rollback infrastructure.
Your work is the foundation on which all of Affirm's code runs on and is what provides visibility for the entire engineering organization on what's going on with Affirm's stack as well as Infra at any given point in time.
What you'll do
- Maintain and scale our new Observability Infrastructure
- Migrate infrastructure to Kubernetes
- Manage our growing infrastructure AWS costs across multiple accounts
- Assist with oncall and triage rotation
What we look for
- Experience building and scaling observability/monitoring systems
- Linux and AWS experience
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash and ways to scale these systems
- Experience with automation systems (ansible, puppet) is a plus, saltstack preferred
- Comfort with open source systems a plus
- Software development experience in python is a plus
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.