Senior Software Engineer - DevOps at Visibly (Remote)
Who We Are
Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012, building digital vision care solutions that enable patient choice and provider capacity. Online vision testing is just the start; Visibly envisions a world where technology enables patients and doctors to connect easily and make other aspects of vision care more convenient and accessible to everyone.
We launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses and we are the first FDA-cleared online visual acuity test on the US market.
At Visibly, DevOps Developers architect, plan, build and manage the underlying infrastructure used to power our online vision tests and vision care platform. You will work with key members of the technology, business development and management teams to understand current and projected needs in terms of technology and scale. You will be expected to meet design, security and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you’ll contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product and management teams.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- In-depth knowledge of managing and operating AWS accounts and services (EC2, S3, ECS, RDS, etc)
- Experience designing, managing, and scaling SAAS infrastructure platforms
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering best practices and experience with performance monitoring
- You have a passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Understanding of automated CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Github and CircleCI
- Experience with Docker, in production and development settings
Bonus If You Have It
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience
- Professional experience in the healthcare space
- Understanding of Ruby on Rails based architectures
- Experience managing PostgreSQL databases
- Experience running Well Architected Reviews and managing security services such as Inspector, GuardDuty and Control Tower
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance, medical and dental
- Subsidized lunches
- Free eye prescriptions from the Visibly system
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible vacation
- Work from home policy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.