Brand Experience team's mission is to make Morningstar the top destination for investment research - globally. We aspire to build a user experience that makes it easy for savers and investors, both in their individual capacity and in a professional context, to find and understand the information they need to reach their goals. Additionally, the ecosystem will serve to showcase the breadth and scale of Morningstar solutions we offer to empower long term investor success.
• Build well designed, well-engineered, stable, scalable products across a variety of markets
• Create web experiences that are consistent across all browsers and operating systems
• Consider NFRs such as accessibility, performance, privacy and security when building solutions
• Promote usability best practices.
• Analyze and remediate production issues, and help build operational readiness into the systems architecture.
• Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things done" attitude; the ability to understand and leverage new technologies.
• Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them, and then sharing your findings with others.
• Follow good Agile practices.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other related field.
• 3-5 years' experience with SPA client-side frameworks such as Vue.js.
• 3-5 years' experience with server-side technologies such as Node.JS, Java, or C#.
• Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as accessibility, security, scalability and privacy.
• Familiarity with design patterns like MVC and MVVM required.
• Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies is a plus.
• Experience working with SASS, and build process management tools like Grunt or Gulp.
• Highly motivated individual with the potential and desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
• Ability to work independently, communicates effectively, and produces superior results.
• Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables
Nice to have
• Experience with AWS services.
• Financial software experience is plus