Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Multiplatform) at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Multiplatform team is responsible for enabling our product engineering counterpart to deploy Affirm’s core user journey across our iOS, Android and Web clients. We help customers that are just getting started with Affirm and evaluating their financing options, all the way through to taking out their loans. Our opinionated and scalable architecture will allow teams to develop new products rapidly and iterate on existing products even faster, all while supporting our 3 client platforms with one codebase.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Engineer to join us and help accomplish that mission. We’re in the early days, and you’ll have an opportunity to help shape the future of multiplatform at Affirm.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with our iOS, Android and Web product development teams to understand where multiplatform makes sense and where it doesn’t, and use it to influence our roadmap.
- Collaborate with Product, Design & Engineering to build, optimize, and scale frameworks that product engineers to write once, deploy everywhere.
- Work at the intersection of native, web and multiplatform technology to enable our vision and goals.
- Pivot between writing experimental proof of concepts and maintenance of production grade code.
- Share your own technical knowledge to empower others on the team, and leverage the team to enable yourself.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that embraces the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- Deep experience with at least one native mobile platform, iOS or Android. Some experience with React.js is ideal.
- You are familiar with the entire landscape of native & multiplatform mobile technology— iOS, Android, Web, React Native, Flutter and/or server driven UI — and can speak to the right time to apply each.
- Prior experience building, launching and maintaining front-end products at scale.
- You are not dogmatic, and believe in solving problems with the right tool for the job.
- Experience providing reviews on teammates code and designs, providing constructive feedback to meet a high bar of quality and help others grow.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.