Senior Software Engineer, Frontend at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Web Product team is responsible for Affirm’s customer-facing web applications, from first interaction all the way to loan servicing. We build opinionated, scalable, reusable architectures that power Affirm’s business and presence on the web. We work closely with teams across affirm to build and experimentally optimize new features and new businesses.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Engineer to join us and help accomplish that mission. Given the speed our code base is growing, your work will be challenging and will impact web projects across the company.
What You'll Do
- Build, optimize, and scale the next generation of Affirm’s web apps.
- Define, prioritize, and build product requirements from across Affirm.
- Take ownership of planning project work and proactively identify opportunities to improve business processes.
- Scoped, define and execute projects based on a feature/product spec or requirements.
- Influence the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other frontend developers.
What We Look For
- Prior experience building, launching and maintaining front-end products at scale.
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end tech stacks (E.g. TypeScript, React/Redux, OpenAPI, GraphQL, Next.js, Webpack, CSS3.)
- Experience providing reviews on teammates code and designs, providing constructive feedback to meet a high bar of quality and help others grow.
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders from product and design.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.