Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack at Ascent
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Customer Team
Reports To: Engineering Manager
You will thrive at Ascent if you are highly self-motivated, self-directed, yet empathetic and a team player. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to mentorship and lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your products.
As a Senior Software Engineer with Ascent, your responsibilities will vary by internal team.
You will be contributing to systems that vary from delivering regulatory data to our customers via User Interfaces and APIs, querying regulatory data from a graph database via GraphQL, building internal tools, orchestrating complex data transformation, and helping maintain supporting infrastructure such as ElasticSearch, Auth0, and more.
- Use creativity and independent thinking to solve technical problems
- Implement backend and frontend features using Ruby, Rails, and React
- Mentor teammates to help them level up as engineers in a remote-first environment
- Help develop internal tools
- Collaborate closely with our Product organization to deliver on customer commitments
Minimum skills and experience
- 8+ years’ professional programming background in a high level language such as Ruby, Python, Elixir
- 2+ Years experience with React
- Experience with backend web applications, preferably Rails
- Commitment to thorough tests and documentation for maintainable code-bases
- Experience with Heroku and AWS
- Experience with scalable distributed applications
Bonus points for experience in:
- Microservices ecosystem or service-oriented architecture
- Micro Frontends
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Who We Are
Ascent is a remote-first, Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.