Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
In this role, we are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual that will be a contributing member to a team that works on an idea from conception to implementation with next generation technologies. This role will require you to dive into all areas of our products, you should be comfortable with uncertainty and be excited to learn and grow!
- Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
- You may participate in some aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment
- You need to make sure our apps are enterprise-ready, secure and compliant, but lightweight and fit-for-purpose. We’ll help guide you through this if you’ve not done it before.
- Deliver container-based solutions utilizing our container platform as part of our cloud migration, app modernization and cloud-native development services on AWS.
- You will support applications deployed on AWS Cloud.
- Debug, monitor and troubleshoot issues with the applications/jobs deployed on cloud.
- Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments
- You will provide on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Works directly with business partners to understand requirements and outline solutions. Works with the engineering team to innovate on and enhance their development practices and processes
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models/schemas)
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
- In lieu of education experience, 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 1+ years of working with Cloud Technologies
- 1+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, working in AWS.
- Experience in Python Programming.
- Experience in OpenShift.
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Redshift or Snowflake
- Strong technical understanding of data architecture, data quality and related technologies
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.