Jellyvision is hiring a Senior Software Engineer I
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Senior Software Engineer I to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll provide technical leadership for a cross-functional team consisting of application, test, and site reliability engineers. You’ll use your experience to ensure the team is designing and building straightforward, maintainable solutions to problems – solutions that are only as complicated as they need to be to achieve our desired business outcomes.
What you’ll do
- Design clean, straightforward solutions to problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers to define high level system requirements
- Write maintainable, reliable, and performant code
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Give and receive constructive code review feedback
- Ensure the team maintains Jellyvision’s values, standards, and best practices
- Foster an inclusive team environment
- Collaborate with Jellyvision's non-tech teams (ex. designers, writers, producers)
Experience & skills you’ll need
We're looking for Senior Software Engineers with 5+ years of relevant full stack experience, strong software design chops, and solid software engineering fundamentals. They should also have experience with the following:
- Experience working with highly available and scalable RESTful applications
- Experience working as part of an agile product engineering delivery team
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Express, Koa or Meteor
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Experience with Typescript, Node, GraphQL, React is a plus
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
- Decision Quality
- Manages Ambiguity
- Optimizes Work Processes
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!