Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Identity Engineering team’s mission is to enable a high rate of identity matching with low fraud or regulatory risk. We do this by confirming the user’s identity against trusted external data sources and ensuring that all regulatory policies on personal data collection are followed. We want our users to be legitimate people in the real world.
Our team is growing and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build our next generation user identification platform to identify more consumers with less friction! Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement large scale and low latency services, elegant abstractions, shareable libraries, and robust APIs
- Look for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for developers working on our services
- Partner with internal engineering teams to develop consistent and scalable solutions in order to allow every one of our products to confidently know who it’s serving
- Collaborate with other product and fullstack engineering teams to help identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risk
- Extend our identity decisioning service to be more configurable, reliable, and performant
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- Strong technical background in backend software development
- Experience building scalable distributed backend services (SOA and/or platform engineering)
- Experience designing and building complex systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Passion and drive to change consumer lending for the better!
Location - Remote U.S.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.