Senior Software Engineer - Laboratory Technology at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
Passionate about building great software products?
At Tempus, software products are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. You and your team set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the field of cancer research and treatment.
Tempus builds software as nimble as our teams. Our modern full-stack tech stack - React and NodeJS on AWS - allows our teams to iterate rapidly and lead our industry in innovation. Our decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on automation allow us to deliver advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have a computer science or a related degree
- You have a proven track record of working on large scale production applications
- You know ReactJS or similar frontend framework
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen eye for details
- You enjoy writing clean, performant, extensible code with strict adherence to SOLID principles
- You have experience working with distributed, event based microservices
- You have experience with PostgreSQL and writing and performance tuning complex SQL queries
- You write clear, concise documentation and useful tests
- You are comfortable functioning as a mentor to junior team members
Responsibilities of the position:
- Actively participate in our agile process. Weekly planning, grooming, and retrospectives are critical to the success of our team.
- Working closely with our product team to define, scope, and size technical requirements
- Interacting with Laboratory stakeholders to ensure that product/engineering are aligned on business requirements and goals
- Triage of production systems that require immediate response and effectively communicate status updates