Senior Software Engineer (MongoDB) at Fetch Rewards
Who We Are:
We reward shoppers for digitizing their shopping experience.
Our mission is to delight the world’s shoppers with a free smartphone app that is easy, smart and fun.
Why Join the Fetch Family?
We make it better for users even when that's difficult for us
We empower people with information and trust
We challenge ideas, not people
We think bigger and keep building
We find ways to bring the fun to Fetch!
We're committed to building an empowered and inclusive community of innovative and passionate people. As a growing organization, we need team players who can go above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help our company build towards its vision. If you are a creative, hard-working, and fun-seeking person interested in working with a close-knit group of highly talented people, this is the right place for you.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Senior Software Engineer (MongoDB). You will build, deploy, manage, and monitor highly performant MongoDB implementations. This is a key leadership position, responsible for writing software and guiding technical direction. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design/develop appropriate solutions with little to no assistance. This role will also have an opportunity to contribute to the reliability of Fetch’s highly available micro-service environment beyond just database engineering activities.In Your Tool-Bag
- Managing MongoDB instances that store multiple terabytes of data.
- Scaling MongoDB using replica sets and sharding.
- Optimizing performance via schema design, query tuning, and index creation.
- Monitoring, backup, and automation using MongoDB Cloud Manager.
- Diagnosing complex technical issues with databases, storage, and networks in a production environment.
- Building software applications to automate repeatable tasks (i.e., Python, Go, Java).
- Deploying and administering Linux based systems on cloud platforms (i.e., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Modern cloud architecture (virtualization, networking, databases, message queueing).
- Building highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure.
- Continuous build and deployment tools and practices.
- Modern monitoring and telemetry methodologies.
- Providing technical/strategic direction to team members.
- Explaining both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs.
- Communicating technical issues to non-technical team members.
- MongoDB Atlas experience.
- AWS experience.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study.