Senior Software Engineer (Options Team)
Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking driven and talented Senior Software Engineers who thrive on pushing the limits of technology to produce state of the art trading applications. TT’s platform is the front-end screen of choice for professional derivatives traders around the world. As a Senior Software Engineer you will work on our award-winning trading platform which incorporates robust, high-performance tools for spread trading, strategy creation, algorithmic and automated trading, black-box execution, high-frequency proximity-based trading and more.
WHAT WILL YOU BE INVOLVED WITH?
- Design and implement software applications and new product features.
- Enhance and maintain existing functionality.
- Participate in design discussions and review sessions.
- Create high-level and detailed design documents.
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements.
- Assist with product documentation, unit testing and ensuring overall product quality.
QUALIFICATIONS & TT CULTURE
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems plus two years of experience in the job offered or with software development OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems plus five years of experience in the job offered or with software development required.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS services (Redshift, DynamoDB, S3, RDS)
- Understanding of client-server software
- Financial trading systems experience is a plus
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, fitness tracker (including Fitbit or Apple watch), “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss, smoking cessation or Fitbit steps)
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks, fruit and beverages
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
- Game room, meditation room, fitness classes and onsite bar (TT Tech Tap) providing complimentary beer and wine
- Office is conveniently located above Union Station and close to various public transportation