Forager is growing. As the company grows, we need experienced engineers to help lead our technical design and implementation.
You will report to an Engineering Manager and work on a team of up to five other engineers. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be one of the team's technical leaders. Your teammates will rely on you to tackle difficult engineering problems, and to help them learn and grow.
- Leading by example with clean, efficient, standards-compliant code
- Handling complex and/or ambiguous tasks that would be difficult for more junior engineers
- Breaking down large stories into smaller tasks for yourself and others
- Performing code reviews to ensure quality
- Providing technical mentoring to other engineers
- Helping us improve our technology, processes, and documentation
What You'll Bring:
- Significant experience writing and shipping code in React, Node, and SQL
- Experience making technical decisions (like which tool or library to use) and building consensus around a solution
- A mentoring mindset expressed through modeling best practices and improving team processes
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Independence and self-sufficiency
- Ability to learn and move quickly
The Interview Process:
- An introductory conversation with the hiring manager
- A 60 minute technical interview with a couple of engineers where we will spend most of the time on some coding exercises
- A 60 minute behavioral interview where you’ll get a chance to meet some more of the team and we’ll dive a little further into your past experiences, how you think, and how you work on a team
- An offer discussion with the hiring manager
Who we are:
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
Forager is committed to keeping our employees, their families, and our community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made the decision to continue working remotely through the remainder of 2020. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ, once it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.