Mesh++ designs solar- and battery-powered mesh WiFi radios and telemetry tools for temporary or permanent outdoor installations. Our intention is to make last-mile infrastructure fully wireless, allowing for simple temporary installations and non-intrusive permanent ones. Mesh++ has completed installations over underserved communities all over the world with the goal of developing a platform that enables anyone to bring internet access to their community.
We are looking for software engineers to assist in developing and testing our software stack, general networking, and integration with our customers’ systems. This includes working with layer-2 wireless networking, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, captive portals, SQL, C++, Python, OpenWRT, and Linux. We seek individuals who are enthusiastic to take on new responsibilities as we continue to grow- software engineering is a crucial position that may lead to company leadership long-term.
This is a paid position, $90k-130k annual depending on experience, equity available.
- Create and maintain networked applications with modern C++ on embedded and hosted systems.
- Ensure high software quality by employing various testing techniques to the code you write
- Create custom solutions to customer needs by creating new, or modifying existing, software
- Develop and test embedded firmware
- Practical experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Proficiency in computer networking, such as writing basic network applications, and configuring common network hardware such as routers
- Experience writing C++ applications
- Experience with Linux development
- Familiarity with hardware assembly and testing
- Familiarity with DD-WRT/OpenWRT/LEDE
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with RADIUS (or similar) servers
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with connected embedded systems