At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and supply chain management. We utilize technology to simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers by handling the critical tasks on their behalf so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that ship their product with carriers who transport those goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo Global Logistics has recently been ranked in Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Employer in Chicago along with other recognitions as the top 3PL provider. We are looking for incredible people to join our team and help carry out our mission of providing our clients with best in class service and technology!
The Sr. Software Engineer will report to the Sr Manager, Software Engineering in our downtown Chicago IL headquarters. This role contributes to the Engineering of large scale solutions that enable Echo's business while supporting the strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. The Sr. Software Engineer is an active member on a dynamic team looking build Best in Class software. The ideal candidate for this role not only is able to produce high quality work quickly, but also serves as a resource to their peers around them and provides mentoring whenever possible.
- Active member of a product team that solves complex challenges and builds working software
- Produces high quality code that’s ready to use quickly
- Dependable and highly skilled development resource for peers
- Promotes collective code ownership so that everyone has visibility into the feature codebase
- Supports and is accountable for timely releases and adherence to release activities
- Resolves defects in a timely and effective manner
- Identifies tactical risks and raises/resolves issues effectively.
- Contributes to merge up/down through development process
- Ensures that operational teams are effective during deployment (dry-run or production)
- Carries out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Works hand-in-hand with Product Owner to break down user stories into small functional slices
- Encourages integration and promotes obtaining shared goals with team members
- Always open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
- Willingness to promote and participate in new initiatives (i.e. CoE initiatives)
- 5+ years developing commercial-grade business applications
- Must be proficient with C#, ASP.NET and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Proficiency with SOLID Principals and Design Patterns.
- Experience with REST API design methodologies using .Net Core 3.x (C#)
- Solid understanding of RESTful Services, Event Driven Development
- Build or maintain fault tolerant systems
- Data structure and algorithms
- SOA architecture
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn and apply new ideas quickly.
- Web Front-End Development leveraging newer technologies like Angular –
- Experience with implementing responsive designs which work across platforms
- Familiarity with Docker & Kubernetes
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud are a plus
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.