Work on projects to improve parser system to optimize parsing process and prevent possible problems in the future (20%). Handle entire software development life cycle, including a detailed plan for how to develop, alter, maintain, and replace a software system (20%). Maintain and develop Morningstar’s ByAllAccounts data aggregation system that gathers data from thousands of Financial Institution's websites using the Parsing system to extract and translate financial data (15%). Evaluate alternatives to technical approaches and justify the selected approach (15%). Recommend alternative approaches to the final designs and provide reasoning for the selection (10%). Direct technically junior engineers in pursuit of an assigned task objective, including software maintenance, design and development (10%). Anticipate problems for proposed code changes and provide suitable alternatives (10%).
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field and 2 years of software development experience.
· In the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related engineering field and 5 years of software development experience is acceptable.
· Experience with data parsing techniques and financial data terminology.
· Experience in scheduling tasks and objectives.
· Experience with mentoring and guiding junior team members technically.
· Experience with software product architecture.
· Experience with software design.
· Experience with Object Oriented Programming.